Would You Kindly? BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition Coming Soon
It is sometimes difficult to believe that there are still some gamers who have never visited Rapture. Before taking to the skies in March with BioShock Infinite, 2K Games is hoping to entice some gamers back into the depths of the ocean. The company today announced the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition, due January 14 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America. The bundle will be available in “some” international territories at a later date.
The $30 Ultimate Rapture Edition includes the 2007 original BioShock, its 2010 sequel BioShock 2, and add-on content for both titles.
• Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics—Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster—for use in BioShock.
• Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3 and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
• Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
• Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
• The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
• Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite‘s world of Columbia to get you excited for the next chapter in the BioShock universe. Players will also take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture with the Museum of Orphaned Concepts.